BECOME A PANMURE HOUSE AMBASSADOR
Join our vibrant ambassador programme for current students at Heriot-Watt University. This initiative allows successful candidates to engage directly with the life of the House in return for their assistance with delivering key events throughout the year, including the Fringe Festival Panmure.
If you are interested in working with us at Panmure House and supporting our events team, please complete the application form below. If successful in the first round, we will invite you for an interview and then offer you a role which will be followed by a training session.
What you'll be doing & what we're looking for in our ambassadors
The benefits for you:
- This is a paid role paid at £11.01 an hour
- Opportunity to be part of engaging and interesting events such as the Lights of Caledonia, Adam Smith Lecture Series and Fringe Festival at Panmure House
- Experience in events
- Experience in customer service
- Experience of working at a Fringe Festival venue and with performers
- A reference from the Panmure House team & work experience for your CV
Essential skills & characteristics:
- Outgoing, friendly & professional
- Cleaning and tidying duties
- Occasional moving furniture during / before/ after events especially Fringe shows
- Punctual & reliable
- Calm under pressure
- A team player ready to get stuck in and lend a hand
- There is no task too big or small
- If successful, we will ask you to support us at our events
- You will be required to complete a timesheet after each event to detail the hours worked and submit it for approval in order to be paid
Ambassadorship tasks & work include:
- Event support – coat check-in, guest check-in & set-up
- Promotion of events, especially the Fringe Festival
- Customer service – welcoming, coats, answering questions, escalating inquiries where appropriate
- Examples include welcoming guests at the Fringe Festival, taking tickets, counting guests, assisting guests in locating the bathrooms or using lifts.
USUAL DATES WE NEED SUPPORT:
We require support on the following dates (more will be added as new events arise):
ADAM SMITH LECTURES - Various
Panmure House Prize - September
LIGHTS OF CALEDONIA- Various
Fringe Festival - full days and weekends in August
- You indicate your interest by completing the form below.
- If you meet our criteria we will invite you to Panmure House for a short training and orientation session.
- You'll be invited to support our events as needed.