Panmure House has three main function rooms, each with their own individual characteristics.
The Interpretation Suite is the first room you enter upon arrival to Panmure. It serves as a fantastic reception area as well as an ideal holding space for event attendees. Situated on the ground floor, the suite comfortably holds up to 40 people standing. Seated set up is also possible.
On the first floor, the Reading Room plays host to intimate dinners and high-level seminars. Set up boardroom style (18 maximum recommended) as standard but with flexibility for other layouts. The Room features three large bookcases fit to model an exact replica of Smith's collection, paying tribute to him as a true bibliophile.
The Lecture Room sits directly above the Reading Room on the second floor. With a little more floor space, this room has hosted some of our highest level lectures to date, seating up to 56 guests with a large stage for speakers and presentations.
All three rooms can be in use simultaneously but due to the furniture restrictions, some combinations of layouts may not be possible (e.g. full lecture setup in both the Reading and Lecture Room).
- Interpretation Suite – 10m long x 8m wide x 2.3m high
- The Reading Room - 10.7m long x 4.7m wide x 2.9m high
- The Lecture Room - 10.7m long x 5m wide x 3.2m high
Onsite furniture includes:
- 64 x Stackable chairs with Oak frame and upholstered seat and back
- 12 x Rectangular tables 1400mm x 700mm (4.5ft x 2ft) with de-mountable Oak top and folding legs
- 12 x Circular tables 1200mm (4ft, seating 4 per table) diameter with de-mountable Oak top and folding legs
- 4 poseur tables with black covers
Additional furniture and linen can be hired directly from your chosen caterer. Please discuss this with our team who will be happy to advise.
Panmure House is fully equipped to allow for a comfortable experience for wheelchair users.
The House has both an exterior* and interior lift as well as a disabled toilet on our ground floor. The Panmure Team are fully trained in wheelchair evacuation and the equipment in the event of an emergency is situated on the second floor.
*The Team kindly ask for notice ahead of an event or visit in which the exterior lift may need to be used. This allows for setup in advance and prevents any delay whilst waiting outdoors which can be particularly unpleasant for our guests in the typical Scottish weather!
Audio Visual & IT Facilities
Both our Reading Room and Lecture Room are equipped with the following:
- 92-inch plasma screen
- A built in PC to accommodate presentations / slides
- USB and HDMI connection to plug in your own laptop device
- 1 wireless PowerPoint presentation clicker
- Lectern with adjustable height and built in static microphone
- 1 microphone connected to the speakers in the ceiling (choice of lapel clip-on or handheld roving microphone)
- Logitech Video Camera (portable) connected to our in-house PC
- Guest WiFi
Zoom and Microsoft Teams is enabled on our PC for you to log on with your business credentials. Should you require this facility, please discuss this with us in advance of your event so that we can ensure our in-house provisions are sufficient for your event.
For additional audio visual production support, you must use one of our approved contractors. This includes for hybrid and digital event delivery, filming, editing, subtitling, audio enhancement and more.